Sunday, September 20, 2009

tasty tidbits

I just realized that it's been an insanely long time since I shared a recipe with you all.  last February while in New York for fashion week, {*tear} I walked into Rue 57 for a little lunch. I have to admit, when I check out the menu which included french food, american food, and sushi, my first thought was wtf is this place? in this city that is filled with uber chic restaurants (and people) I was having a monster craving for a grilled cheese and {lucky me} they actually had one on the menu! this was not just any grilled cheese. it was a white cheddar grilled cheese with caramelized onions on sourdough with a frisee salad on the side. I've decided to break this recipe into two, mostly to make you wait for the best part. so...check out my version of the frisee side salad that is super simple and equally delicious.

what you'll need:

*frisee (you can buy it in bulk at Central Market)
*bacon
*granny smith apples
*balsamic vinaigrette 
*olive oil

cook the bacon and chop into small pieces. cut apples into very thin slices. throw some frisee on a plate. on top add your apples and bacon. whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil (I just add a tidge of olive oil but it's totally up to you). toss the salad with the dressing and voile! you have a delicious, oh-so-simple side salad. if you are someone who enjoys blue cheese or gorgonzola {I am not} you could easily add one of those in for even more flavor.

bon appetite! 


No comments:

Post a Comment