Thursday, November 12, 2009

tasty tidbits

this weekend, for the first time I tried gorgonzola cheese and....yum! I needed a delicious/easy to make chicken dish for Saturday night so I figured a gorgonzola cream sauce would be great with a pepper crusted chicken. so here is it....the recipe* for what was a fabulous meal:

what you'll need:

2 chicken breasts
1 small onion
stick butter
1 package pre-sliced mushrooms
small block of gorgonzola cheese
heavy whipping cream
ground pepper (you can get this in bulk at Central Market and it's perfect)

coat chicken on both sides with the course pepper. throw them on the grill, or a grill pan in my case. these are grrreat for a girl who, a. lives in an apartment and therefore is not allowed to have a grill and b. doesn't really know how to use a grill anyway (sorry dad). while chicken cooks, chop half of the white onion and about 1/4 of the mushrooms.  butter in a sauce pan on medium heat (I think I used about a tablespoon? I used one line worth) and allow it to melt. once melted, throw in the onion and the mushroom and let those cook until soft (you get a bit of a caramelized effect). once veggies have softened add heavy whipping cream (I prob used about 1/3 of the small container) and the cheese in small chunks. once chicken is done and you are happy with the taste and consistency of the sauce, plate and pour sauce over chicken. voila! you have dinner!


**you'll note that I do not use measurements...sorry folks I just pour 'til it looks right.

No comments:

Post a Comment