Wednesday, June 10, 2009

tasty tidbits


do not adjust your televisions! I am in fact posting twice in one day (a fact which I suspect will please B-Lou). what can I say, I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl.

so I just tried a new Bobby Flay guacamole recipe whilst at the beach this past weekend. I must say, B. Flay never disappoints and this was no exception. how different could this recipe be from any other guac recipe right? not very as it turns out....however....it's the little ingredient changes that make this such a hit. obviously you need your standard avacado, cilantro (yum!), salt, and pepper. the "secret ingredient"?  fire roasted poblano peppers!  very simple but insanely delicious. big ups to Bobby Flay.  

recipe is as follows:




Fire Roasted Green Chile Guacamole:

  • 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
  • 1 poblano chile, roasted, seeded, peeled, and diced
  • 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
  • 2 scallions, finely chopped
  • 2 fresh limes
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • Salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment