Thursday, February 17, 2011

NY Fasion Week Fall 2011: Rebecca Taylor

The 1970's was the name of the game at the Rebecca Taylor show this week, from the hair down to the brown nail polish the line screamed retro chic, and I for one am loving it. As a side note, OPI painted the model's nails in none other than the shade "Suzi Loves Cowboys" which, if you read my earlier blog is one of the 12 colors in the Texas line from OPI (score one for Tejas)! The Parisien nightclubs of the seventies was where Taylor drew inspiration for this line, creating looks that were cozy enough for fall, yet insanely chic. Her nod to the decade included shear organza trousers with floral prints paired with long lurex tunics, chiffon maxi skirts, and shearling details. Chunky, sometimes barely there, knits were prominent, as were sparkly tops. The color palette was filled with cool blues, smoky grey, magenta, and lavender. I can't find a single thing wrong with this collection. Now if only I could get my paws on a few of these pieces for myself...


































No comments:

Post a Comment