Tuesday, January 19, 2010

it's award season (belated edition)

I'm a day late, but the Golden Globes kicked off award season with a bang so I definitely had to share some of my favorite hits and misses of the night. I know ruffles were clearly the star of the show (and I'll get to those later) but my favorite was Olivia Wilde. she really can do no wrong in  my book. her Gucci dress was fitted perfectly and the hair pulled it all together. 


Emily Blunt was a very close second in my book, only because of the hair. she wore a Dolce and Gabbana dress with a fitted bodice and asymmetrical ruffles. pale pink was one of the most popular colors of the night and she certainly wore it well. I get that it was raining but...come on, get the girl an umbrella!

Maggie Gyllenhaal wore an oragami Roland Mouret gown, and stuck to pastels. so gorgeous!

 I kind of died over this Stella McCartney gown that Anna Paquin wore. I love that the sequins are all different shapes and sizes, and unlike so many woman this night, she showed just enough cleavage. but, and this is a big BUT, her shoes were just awful. while you can't see them in this picture, I can guarantee they were a mess. black chunky heels + gorgeous sequin gown= disaster. it's basic math.


WORST DRESSED

from what I understand, this is a Kauffman Franco dress that Mariah Carey was wearing to the Golden Globes, to which I have no idea how she got an invite. aside from the ill-fitted (too tight per her usual routine) mid section, the woman has far too much boob for this dress. night umbrella holder though. seriously, what was she doing there?!

ok. I am crying about this dress for two reasons: 1. it just looks awful and 2. I love, I mean LOVE, Zac Posen. also known as the designer of this dress. what were you thinking Zac? this may have been appropriate to a tea party, but never to the Golden Globes. the fact that it was raining was completely unfortunate for Tina Fey, who closely resembles Mary Poppins carrying the umbrella. where was Mariah's husband Nick Cannon?


I don't know who Kristen Bell is wearing. I kind of don't care. her dress was terribly boring, and sort of looked like she threw some heels on with her beach dress/bath towel and headed to the red carpet. fail.

the celebs wear Elie Saab all the time. and with good reason. usually, USUALLY, he makes gorgeous go-to dresses. this however, looks like the dress I wore to prom my junior year. I mean I had crystals in my cool curly updo, but same idea with the gown.

annd lastly, my little peanut, Amy Adams. I usually love pregnant ladies at award shows. what with their flowing goddess dresses and gorgeous glow. this Carolina Herrera dress looks like she grabbed it out of grandma's closet, and the hair doesn't help. matronly to the max. I still love the girl though.


oh how I love award season!

No comments:

Post a Comment