Monday, October 12, 2009

bailar la bamba

you probably know him as the first chicano rock star. I know him as the inspiration behind my newly discovered favorite burger EVER, the Ritchie Valen burger. potato-potato (different inflections and so forth, you catch my drift). recently Issac introduced me to Hut's Hamburgers and the rest is history. don't get me wrong, being an Austinite I clearly knew of Hut's...but for some reason both of my parents felt it necessary to keep this gem a secret and never take me there as a child (or adult, thanks guys). so long story short, I rarely have time for Hut's especially after work and therefore decided to attempt to recreate the masterpiece. this was my first true attempt at making a burger and aside from the slight pinkish color on one small piece, I feel like it was a smashing success. 

the burger consists of the following:

shredded cheese, chopped tomato, jalapeno, guacamole, mayo, and mustard. 

I didn't have hamburger buns so I used two slices sourdough bread which worked equally as well.

it's not as pretty but just as tasty. check out my version below:





yeah, it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment